About Me

My photo
Log Lane Village, Colorado, United States
If things get better with age then I am approaching magnificent!!!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Tough Love vs. Spanking - Good Argument

Lol good evening all. Hope all is well on this fine eve before spring begins. I have few layouts and free alphas coming up, but first wanted your take on this topic,
Most people think
it's improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of those moments.'

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.


Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, iPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

This works with grandchildren,
nieces, and nephews as well.

Haven't tried it on my husband yet.( I know that this has probably been seen all over the internet but I thought I would share it anyways.)

Well ok now for the layout and freebie. This is my husband Ron the one next to him is Baxter the dog.(that would be the one towards the top of the pic..lol I have trouble too lol).This was made with a kit called Sheep Baby Sheep by Cynthia over at My Digital Things Her kits are really cute so if you haven't checked her blog out you should do so.


The funny thing is that 99.9% of the pictures I have of my husband is of him sleeping. I made 2 sets of alpha from this kit . Alpha 1 was made with a font called Sans and Alpha 2 was made by me with a fat brush tip( lol am not very good with a brush or pencil for that matter). I really like the way alpha 1 turned out and alpha 2 is playful. Remember if you download no comment is necessary but please visit Cynthia's Blog. Here is the preview of the alphas.
The bottles are from Osahoney Her blog site is really cool too. She has lots of freebies.
Well I think I bored you all enough. ALPHA 1 & ALPHA 2

Thanks for lQQking
Happy Scrappin

Hugs
Nanscraps

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to giggle all day about the car ride....cracked me up. Thanks for the wonderful alphas and have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Mar. 21, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that picture is too funny. I love the layout.I went to osahoney blog and you're not kidding, she got some cool stuffs too! I don't like the language on her side bar. I can't read spanish. Does she have followers to follow her blog? I can't find the comment either. If you download how she know how many people follow her and take her freesbies? Can you let me know. I don't want to take stuffs that I can't leave a little love. I did download her birthday celebration kits. THought I let you know just in case she read here. TY and have a great week. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Do Not Show post on Apr. 16, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete